at kind-hearted studio
Discover your inner artist! Located in Stratford, Ontario, kind-hearted studio provides all the necessary tools and guidance needed to create your own work of art (painting on canvas, watercolour, collage, drawing, etc). Join a class, participate in a workshop or book your own private party! Classes and workshops are available for all ages – no previous art skills are required.
We are currently offering the following classes:
EXPLORE & EXPERIMENT
This playful class engages kids in exploring with a variety of tools to create while experimenting with different mediums (print making, painting, oil pastels, collage, sculpture etc).
- 6-8 year olds: Monday March 22 – April 26 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- 9-12 year olds: Wednesday March 3 – April 7 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm
PIZZA AND PAINT (5 years+)
Kids choose what kind of image they’d like to paint, they’ll receive step by step instruction to draw and transfer their image onto the canvas to create their own masterpiece. Pizza and a drink included.
- Saturday March 13 from 11am-12:30pm
- Saturday March 27 from 11am – 12:30pm
SKETCHING & SHADING (10 years +)
This is a 6 week session. Drawing is the foundation of art, this class will teach students about shading, value, size, proportion, and other tips for drawing. 10 years old+
- January 13-Feb 17 held virtually via zoom
In this two hour class you’ll receive step by step instruction to create your very own masterpiece! Join a scheduled class or book your own private party (bachelorette, family Christmas, birthday, retirement, baby shower etc).
*There are currently no scheduled classes
Birthday Parties & Summer Camp
In these half-day sessions, campers will have access to a wide range of art materials and let their own curiosity be their inspiration. Some guided arts and crafts projects will be provided, but participants will also have free time to explore on their own. Weather permitting, we will take kids to a nearby family-friendly park for outdoor games and play for at least an hour a day.
No mess, no fuss leave it to us! Parties are two hours in length – We go with the flow and take breaks when necessary to allow time for presents and/or food. You are more than welcome to bring any food, drinks or snacks with you. Please bring the necessary cutlery, candles, lighter etc with you that you need.
- Option 1: Abstract Graffiti – Using a wide range of tools (spray paint, dish soap, stencils, fly swatters, lids, etc) kids experiment to create an abstract design. Be ready to be surprised! As you never know what you’re going to get!
- Option 2: Step by Step Painting – We love to get suggestions from the birthday boy/girl on what they’d like to paint. Based on their suggestions we’ll come up with a painting just for them. We’ll guide party-goers step by step so they can create their own painting following along.
- Dates: Only virtual parties are offered at this time. For more info and pricing please email us.
Painting Workshop (Grade 2+)
Step by step instruction for students to learn techniques to create their own painting. In addition to learning about composition, colour mixing and painting techniques – emphasis will be on how art resembles life, students learn:
- There’s many ups and downs so we must be kind to ourselves – we aren’t Picassos
- They’ll all be the same but different, and that’s great! Embrace you – your painting is yours you can add whatever you wish
- No such thing as mistakes. They can always be fixed but often those mistakes become the best part
Doodle Workshop (Grade 4+)
Doodling is a form of art that is non-representational and unplanned, the intention is to focus on each stroke as you make it. Letting go of expectation and self-criticism, and fear of failure. There is no right way or wrong way to do zentangle, its done in pen to embrace “mistakes” as in art mistakes are often the best part. In life, we’re given no erasers, we just make do. This meditative state of drawing engages students in the present moment, fully engaged in what they are doing. This is a great tool to utilize when feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or angry. Students will learn simple patterns that can be repeated in many designs, and will be given time to create their own drawings.
Self Talk: Inner Critic vs. Inner Cheerleader (Grade 7 – 12)
This workshop helps teens identify the impact of our thoughts and how it can impact our feelings and behaviours. It does so by helping teens develop an awareness of when thoughts and self-talk may be having a negative or irrational influence on the way they act. Students will be invited to participate in a discussion about self-talk – what is self talk, how does it sound, and what are some ways which we may talk to ourselves. Students will create their own character that represents their inner critic, discussion will focus on emphasizing that we all have an internal dialogue, despite not always being able to recognize it as such. Goals: develop an awareness of how thoughts affect our feelings and behaviours. Emphasis will also focus on self-compassion, how to treat ourselves and talk to ourselves when faced with a difficult situation.